- I am super grateful that I started early on Fall decorating this year. It's been nice to sit back and enjoy the seasonal decor IN the season rather than finding myself still decorating when its over... :) I think it would be fun to share pictures but it is already so dark when I get home that its been hard to capture the details. I will share soon though! I had lots of fun doing a bunch of seasonal crafts.
- Hubs and I did our seasonal wardrobe switch over the weekend. It takes a FULL day whenever we do it so we've been kind of procrastinating on it. It was long over due and I was getting tired of 40 degree days and having all my cashmere sweaters still packed away. We always sort through and get rid of a bunch of stuff while we're swapping the wardrobes, it helps the influx of stuff not explode the closets/dressers. This time around we got rid of a massive box and it felt so good!
- We finally got a diagnosis back on Husband's knee. He's got a 3rd degree MCL tear. I've had him on anti-inflamatories & RICEing (rest, ice, compression, elevation) it for the past 3-4 weeks with the addition of heat after the first week. He's gained some range of motion back and is now able to bend it a bit but still has a very noticeable limp. The specialists are putting him in a brace and doing therapy on it for the next 6-8 weeks to try and get it fully healed. He'll continue to ref but it's looking like he'll be taking off a season from playing hockey. I'll just be happy to have my husband back. Everyone knows that husbands make some of the worst patients, not to mention that it makes certain activities rather limiting.
- Hub's car that we dug out of the ground just 1 year ago last month (I don't think I have ever blogged that story but I should) has let us know it has a very limited life left so over the weekend we bought a new-to-us Honda Civic. We had been planning to get Husband something a bit nicer but God dropped a fabulous deal in our laps that was rather irresistible. It will make a great commuter car for Hubs and most importantly, we can avoid adding a car payment to the budget.
- I keep hearing about pumpkin shortages but our local grocery store is fully stocked and I picked up about 8 cans over the weekend. Am I missing something?
- We installed some really nice shelving in our garage courtesy of the shelving sale going on over at Container Store and it just makes me smile every time I walk into the garage now. One step closer to a pretty & organized space!
- There has been quite a bit of drama going amongst friends lately and it has gotten quite tiresome. None of it directly involves us (that we know of but really who knows with these sorts of things...) but Hubs and I feel like we are caught in the middle of a reality tv show ala RHOX. Why can't adults just be adults? Sulking and showing off are never attractive qualities, least of all in an adult.
- I decided to get an EC planner to help keep track of all life's craziness that we've got going on. It should be arriving any day now and I've got a bunch of colored sharpie pens all ready to go. Here's hoping it helps simplify life!
- I made lasagna soup for dinner last Thursday night and it was incredible. We had already had such an exhausting week that we curled up with dinner in bed and watched the first two episodes of PanAm. The show is SO SO good. We both really enjoyed it (I liked it even better than Mad Men!) and I'm looking forward to catching last night's episode tonight after work. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, I recommend checking it out!
Monday, October 10, 2011
Life has been busy busy busy. It's been tough to keep up! This is truly a miscellaneous Monday as my thoughts have been all over the place.