- My older brother got married a week and a half ago and the whole family was in attendance!
- The wedding was on a Sunday on the Eastern shore and was still going strong at 11PM, add on the 2 hour ride home and it made for a rough start to the next week which was Close week (Financial closing of the books for you non-accountants) for both my husband and I.
- My younger brother is continuing to improve, it is far from perfect but we are all imperfect beings. :) I can only praise God for the miracle he has done and thank you all again for your prayers!
- It has been a relief to finally be able to start sleeping again at night and not be quite so weighed down in stress, anxiety and adrenaline. Thankfully just in time as the rest of life has picked up the pace and I had fallen woefully behind in just about every other area of my life (I am still catching up).
- The last week and a half have been extremely busy for me in my new job. I've been working until 7:30-8:30pm every single night but it still doesn't seem half bad as the stress I felt at my previous job. I really am enjoying the new job and particularly like all my co-workers! Yay!
- I've been working on a blog redesign with Marina of Penny Lane Designs and I love what she came up with! We are still tweaking the design a bit but check it out and let me know what you think!
- Our Life Accounts also has it's own domain now: www.OurLifeAccounts.com. That's right, we're official! You may or may not have to update readers or blog lists...I'm not sure how that all works yet.
- I'd like to have a give-away in celebration of the new blog redesign but just haven't had the time to work out details, be sure to stay tuned!
- I owe you all an update on the purse situation and I'll save more detail for another post but I will say I've found several charmers!
- Last weekend, the husband and I, along with a bunch of friends, volunteered with Feed My Starving Children and a local church and help to pack over 40,000 meals in a few hours! We were only part of one shift but between all the shifts they planned to hit more than 120,000 meals and had an 18 wheeler ready to fill with all the pallets. It was a truly amazing experience and an honor to work with such an incredible organization.
- End of last month I visited a wholesale nursery with my mom and sister and bought tons of deeply discounted flowers and plants. Had I shopped at any of the nearby places (nurseries and home depots/lowes/target/walmart etc) we would have spent over $500 on all the pretties we were able to get and would not have been able to support a local business. We have decided this will be an annual girls trip,they had over 10 greenhouses PACKED to the gills and we were free to wander around and pick out whatever we pleased! I'm still working at planting and potting the last few items but I can't wait to show you how pretty they all are!
- I have been in a serious shopping mood for the past couple of weeks. On my summer list? A denim jacket, couple pairs of brown sandals of various heel heights, denim bermudas, maxi dresses and skirts, jersey and silk slip dresses, casual linen and striped knit blazers, breezy drapey tops, light-weight scarves, cotton tunics and sparkley accessories. I plan to shop my closet first (still haven't finished dragging out all my summer clothes) and then hit the stores!
- We booked the first of our vacations this year and will be heading out to sunny San Francisco for a 9 days! We'll be driving up the coast to Portland and flying back home from there. You can be sure I'll be begging for recommendations!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Wowee its been awhile! I tried to blog last Thursday/Friday but blogger was down and the weekend was insanely busy and carried right into this week. Some bullets of life since I last posted: